• Boat Banter

It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 08:49
  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there are 64 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 64 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 1736 on 21 Nov 2020, 15:51
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 64 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Even Grimsby looks okay in the sun

by ChrisH » 31 Jul 2018, 16:08

Ianfs wrote:I think the drone adds to any experience but since my son and I have been filming we've found that you don't need to spend loads to get some great footage, so the drone shots are great but not essential.

On that video he used a cheap second-hand Sony with a 55mm lens for the general video. I would say that the camera you shot with was excellent and you wouldn't want any more.

What he has taught me is movement and short frames. Then some careful editing.

Hope that helps in some small way. :)
Editing is the hard part. I find it really difficult to cut content out. But it is so much better like you say to have short frames. Taken so much footage on our old gopro and usually never get around to editing it.

I would imagine you can pick up an gopro3 quite cheap now second hand. They tske amazing footage and with third party attachments would be quite cost effective.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
ChrisH
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

by Ianfs » 01 Aug 2018, 08:35

Editing is the hard part. I find it really difficult to cut content out. But it is so much better like you say to have short frames. Taken so much footage on our old gopro and usually never get around to editing it.

Agreed, editing and cutting out footage is so hard. Sadly, when I watch a good film these days, I find myself counting how many seconds each clip is, some of them are only 20seconds before the scene changes but it doesn't look like its flicking from one thing to another. I suppose its all in the editing and direction.

Another thing thats hard is adding music and actual video length.
Ianfs
Captain
Captain

Previous

Return to Motor Boat Forum

User Menu