  • In total there are 7 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 7 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Any Empty bay

by argonaut » 21 May 2018, 21:14

I don't have too many pics of both me and my boat - on Sunday a guy took a pic from his house onto a glorious & empty bay - only a snap with a phone through a window - but that bay stacks up against any.
Fantastic weather - superb w/end and devoid of boats

Both my boat (Argo2) and me riding SkySki behind it.

Image

(managed to get copy or original pic so updated low res version
Attachments
PENT7008.jpg
PENT7008.jpg (122.71 KiB) Viewed 10098 times
Last edited by argonaut on 27 May 2018, 11:37, edited 1 time in total.
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

by Bigplumbs » 22 May 2018, 05:01

A very special photo
Bigplumbs

Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 22:35

by Ianfs » 22 May 2018, 07:18

That's a beautiful bay and wow, what a view.

Great shot of you.

How's the trailer?

by mlines » 22 May 2018, 08:41

Lovely.

Your a hardier man than I am. Whilst air temperature was good the sea temp needs to increase before tempting me in the water even with my thick wetsuit and fleece liner on (I know, I am a whimp)
Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
User avatar
mlines

Location: Wokingham, Berkshire

by argonaut » 22 May 2018, 11:41

mlines wrote:Lovely.

Your a hardier man than I am. Whilst air temperature was good the sea temp needs to increase before tempting me in the water even with my thick wetsuit and fleece liner on (I know, I am a whimp)

Been in water with a 3mm wet suit on for past 3 weeks ..... its 14 degrees now ... shorties in about 2 weeks.
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

by argonaut » 22 May 2018, 11:48

Ianfs wrote:That's a beautiful bay and wow, what a view.

Great shot of you.

How's the trailer?

Still same :(

I removed all Bowden cables last night, picking up 4 new stainless steel versions today .... will try set up again on Friday.
If one or more of them were sticking, may have caused an issue.

Will also lubricate the shoe expander mechanisms .... previously just reinstalled clean but no lube.
Been advised that Al-Ko suggest Castrol Moly Lithium grease, will try and find some (assume waterproof trailer hub grease not suitable.)

Hubs been off so many times in past 3 weeks, ought to use Velcro not split pins.

Spoke to a mobile trailer service guy (wrong area to use him) he has come across autoreverse problems before, that could not be fixed ... ended up fitting a clip to prevent braking when reversing ... as things used to be before auto-reverse mechanisms.

The following file may be of use ..... best description so far on how to set up brakes:

http://www.al-ko.co.uk/edit/files/handbooks/caravanchassishandbookwhite.pdf
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

by ChrisH » 24 May 2018, 18:37