Motor Boat Forum

Blast about today Filmed from Mavic Pro

by Bigplumbs » 20 May 2018, 20:15

Here is a little shake down video on the designated fast bit on the Deben. Testing the old Fletcher 17 Arrowstreak before the Speedboat Rally in Brixham

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikginfWTMcc

Bigplumbs

Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 22:35

by lewlew100 » 20 May 2018, 21:32

Looks like a most enjoyable outing. I had not realized that there are such nice inland? places to play about. Very jealous. Geoff.
lewlew100
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by Bigplumbs » 21 May 2018, 05:28

That is just a short way up the river Deben (About 0.5 miles) from the Sea it is still Tidal and is the official speed boat area to play in. The River Deben in Suffolk is a lovely River

Dennis
Bigplumbs

Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 22:35

by ChrisH » 21 May 2018, 18:50

Nice vid.. did you film from on-board the boat

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by Bigplumbs » 22 May 2018, 04:59

ChrisH wrote:Nice vid.. did you film from on-board the boat

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No the person flying the Mavic Pro was on the land. We tried follow me mode but the mavic lost the boat so it was done manually. Next time the drone needs to be lower
Bigplumbs

Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 22:35

by ColinR » 22 May 2018, 14:35

Great video, I took the liberty of embedding it into the post for you :D
User avatar
ColinR
All round Jolly Good Chap
All round Jolly Good Chap