  • In total there are 25 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 24 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 24 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Auto reverse brakes issue

by argonaut » 06 Jul 2018, 09:33

The brakes are applied when coupling has moved about 2" .. as there is just over 5" of travel of coupling brakes are really locked on hard.
Once locked on you cannot rotate wheel backwards, just too much pressure of shoes on drums.

No amount of trying adjusting shoe gap, adjusting rod play has fixed this.,
It has been into 2 Indespension dealers - and both gave totally different advice, and failed to resolve it
I have spent must be at least 60 Hrs on this.

I'm not going to waste anymore time ..........

I have my 'locking pin' workaround - I'll live with that - frustrating but where we are on this.
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

by Ianfs » 06 Jul 2018, 13:55

I have my 'locking pin' workaround - I'll live with that - frustrating but where we are on this

Good man, time for boating its sunny. :D :D :D :D

by argonaut » 23 Sep 2020, 23:03

Just a final update on this.

Never managed to resolve .... only remaining steps were to change axles ... just financially not worth it.

My ‘reverse pin’ work around was used until I sold the boat.

Odd fault, and spent a great amount of Hrs on trying to fix.
Including 2 trailer companies, who got nowhere, and several guys who said .... brakes too loose or brakes too tight, just never solved.

My gut feel is that drums had worn to the point that shoes moved out a bit further, and that made the angle of mechanism that ‘breaks’ under reversing such that it could not trip the shoe.
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

Previous