• Boat Banter

It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 04:33
  • In total there are 25 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 25 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Four Shiny and Ready to go

by Bigplumbs » 07 May 2018, 14:01

Like many I was caught out by the weather but I now have one on the water, Three shone up and ready to go and just one to completely do and put on the water and a SIB to get going.
IMG_2298.JPG
IMG_2298.JPG (153.98 KiB) Viewed 6917 times

How are the rest of you doing

Dennis
Attachments
IMG_2297.JPG
IMG_2297.JPG (156.38 KiB) Viewed 6917 times
IMG_2296.JPG
IMG_2296.JPG (178.85 KiB) Viewed 6917 times
IMG_2275.JPG
IMG_2275.JPG (141.58 KiB) Viewed 6917 times
Bigplumbs

Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 22:35

by shibbs » 07 May 2018, 20:17

Well mine was looking nice and clean until today.
It now needs a good rinse off, polish again and more importantly half a beach of sand and what appears to be half of the dogs hair to be cleaned out.

Having said that, what a day out. The weather was fantastic, the sea state was what you can only wish for!

Think I’ll need to take a day off just to get it back to an acceptable standard again. All worth while though. 8-)

They’re all looking good though dennis, the new one looks nice!
You been out on her yet?

by Bigplumbs » 08 May 2018, 05:38

Stu

Yes have been out in the new one a couple of times but only the broads Have done about 100 miles in her so far but all below 6 knots :(

Good to see you have been out even though your boat is not a bit messy. When I was cleaning mine yesterday I washed and polished some very small areas of dirt and thought but the first time I go out these will be insignificant. Still nice to start with them clean

Dennis
Bigplumbs

Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 22:35

by lewlew100 » 08 May 2018, 22:34

They all look really good. Geoff.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by betty boop » 09 May 2018, 08:37

shibbs wrote:Well mine was looking nice and clean until today.
It now needs a good rinse off, polish again and more importantly half a beach of sand and what appears to be half of the dogs hair to be cleaned out.

Having said that, what a day out. The weather was fantastic, the sea state was what you can only wish for!

Think I’ll need to take a day off just to get it back to an acceptable standard again. All worth while though. 8-)

They’re all looking good though dennis, the new one looks nice!
You been out on her yet?

I second that about the dog, our first weekend with the new dog on board. Whilst he handled it better than expected he seems to have left half of himself on the boat some how. Black Lab hairs everywhere. :roll:

Always good to have a shake down trip albeit a dirty one, this one was a bit longer than usual at 2 nights on the river Gt Ouze but the trip back has highlighted a handbrake stuck on = VERY hot Wheel on the Kia and a possible worn drive shaft. all just before heading 300miles to Torbay in 3 weeks time. :lol:
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero