  • In total there are 55 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 54 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 54 guests

Motor Boat Forum

First proper trip out this season

by mlines » 18 Apr 2018, 06:16

No problem Nick, the 360 camera gives you the full boating experience :)

Apparently if you have 3d glasses you can "be on board" with us. I see you can make some out of cardboard or buy them . I must buy one and take a look at our YouTube video

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-ho ... 1-pdt.html

We moved to swanwick this year. Universal appeared to be doing everything to discourage people from going there. The price rose to be more than swanwick and the was no "benefits" such as fuel, seastart etc. Not only that but swanwick modified the stack for us and the staff are genuinely interested in boats.

Swanwick is full this year with boats from universal and MDL who seem to have upset people

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
User avatar
mlines

Location: Wokingham, Berkshire

by ChrisH » 18 Apr 2018, 18:15

mlines wrote:We managed our first trip out this season with a quick blast over to Cowes to clear out the cobwebs.

Also played with a new camera.

That's cool. What happened to your big dog ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by mlines » 18 Apr 2018, 21:29

Chris

Sadly Daisy died in January aged 11.

Martin

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
User avatar
mlines

Location: Wokingham, Berkshire

by ColinR » 19 Apr 2018, 11:47

That's a real shame Martin.

A true sea dog.
User avatar
ColinR
All round Jolly Good Chap
All round Jolly Good Chap

Location: Hampshire, England

by ChrisH » 19 Apr 2018, 22:21

mlines wrote:Chris

Sadly Daisy died in January aged 11.

Martin

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Really sorry to hear that Martin

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by shibbs » 21 Apr 2018, 13:56

So mine has been in for a week now and have managed 3 times out so far.
We went out yesterday, over to Cowes for lunch, the solent was unbelievable! Flat calm the whole way.
The wind is still a little fresh but the sun was shining and nice and hot out of the breeze.
Can only imagine it’s packed out there today.
Also on a plus note, managed to give her a proper open up yesterday since engine rebuild etc, she ran perfectly, 38 knots!!

Might have to try with the larger pitch prop just to see.. :D

by ChrisH » 21 Apr 2018, 19:44

shibbs wrote:So mine has been in for a week now and have managed 3 times out so far.
We went out yesterday, over to Cowes for lunch, the solent was unbelievable! Flat calm the whole way.
The wind is still a little fresh but the sun was shining and nice and hot out of the breeze.
Can only imagine it’s packed out there today.
Also on a plus note, managed to give her a proper open up yesterday since engine rebuild etc, she ran perfectly, 38 knots!!

Might have to try with the larger pitch prop just to see.. :D
Well done.Stu.. glad she ran so well. Need to get me a new boat before the weather goes.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by Ianfs » 23 Apr 2018, 12:35