• Boat Banter

It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:08
  • In total there are 68 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 68 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 68 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Pre-season work

by shibbs » 07 Apr 2018, 20:20

This is quite good timing for me. Scrubbed the boat down, well, jet washed and gave a clean, it didn’t come up overly clean to be honest from sitting through the winter.
There are still marks that will come off with a good soapy wash, any advice on other than that prior to polishing?

I don’t want to polish to clean dirt off unless this is a good way to do it?
It will need a good polish either way as it’s not very shiny at all! :cry:

Any advice?

by argonaut » 07 Apr 2018, 21:21

You can go over it first with a a gellcoat cleaner
http://www.meguiars.co.uk/shop/heavy-duty-oxidation-remover-473ml

This will remove any grime & oxidation, and can remove old wax, and remov3 fade ... they do a more aggressive one if gelcoat is really dull.
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

by shibbs » 07 Apr 2018, 21:25

Excellent, thanks very much, will give it a try then see how it polishes up.

by MartynG » 13 Apr 2018, 07:07

I thought I would be missing the start of the season by having the boat ashore . However we haven't missed much at all. Work in progress - should be all done this weekend.

On lift out
Image

After some cleaning work
Image
User avatar
MartynG

Joined: 31 Oct 2015, 17:41
Location: The Planet Earth

by ColinR » 13 Apr 2018, 10:42

That's a good cleanup job there :D

Should add a couple of knots.

A good polish up is very satisfying isn't it.
User avatar
ColinR
All round Jolly Good Chap
All round Jolly Good Chap

Location: Hampshire, England

by shibbs » 13 Apr 2018, 20:28

A really good transformatin there! Looks good. 8-)
Very satisfying! I launched today, all going well!

by ChrisH » 13 Apr 2018, 21:20

MartynG wrote:I thought I would be missing the start of the season by having the boat ashore . However we haven't missed much at all. Work in progress - should be all done this weekend.

On lift out
Image

After some cleaning work
Image