  • In total there are 116 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 116 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 116 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Boatless

by Ianfs » 24 Apr 2018, 06:03

+1

Do you know what sort of engine problems? Or do you think he might have changed his mind after a rethink or indeed pressure from the broker?

by mlines » 24 Apr 2018, 13:42

Oldish boat on petrol engine(s) with engine fault = walk away (unless you want to spend the season on the hard with your head in the bilge)
Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
User avatar
mlines

Location: Wokingham, Berkshire

by ChrisH » 24 Apr 2018, 15:11

Ianfs wrote:+1

Do you know what sort of engine problems? Or do you think he might have changed his mind after a rethink or indeed pressure from the broker?
I have a feeling he has perhaps changed his mind. But really don't know for sure. But fairly confident it is not broker instigated

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by ChrisH » 24 Apr 2018, 15:12

mlines wrote:Oldish boat on petrol engine(s) with engine fault = walk away (unless you want to spend the season on the hard with your head in the bilge)
Agree. I am out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by ChrisH » 24 Apr 2018, 15:13

shibbs wrote:That’s a shame to hear Chris, is it worth investigating and adjusting offer to reflect?
As he withdrew the boat from sale I think there is more behind the scenes. So best to walk away I think

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by shibbs » 24 Apr 2018, 17:36

Obviously not meant to be! Keep looking and I’m sure it will all fall into place without any regrets.
It’s raining again now so at least that removes some of the short term frustrations! :lol:

by shibbs » 24 Apr 2018, 17:38

mlines wrote:Oldish boat on petrol engine(s) with engine fault = walk away (unless you want to spend the season on the hard with your head in the bilge)

Been there done that, good advice really.
The right one will be out there.

by ChrisH » 24 Apr 2018, 17:51

shibbs wrote:Obviously not meant to be! Keep looking and I’m sure it will all fall into place without any regrets.
It’s raining again now so at least that removes some of the short term frustrations!
And.. at least I did not have to stomp up for Tompa to do an inspection this time.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by Ianfs » 25 Apr 2018, 20:28

What about something like this....

https://m.apolloduck.com/boat.phtml?id=544643

Ok I suspect you won't get 6k off but it is diesel. :)

by ChrisH » 25 Apr 2018, 22:11

Ianfs wrote:What about something like this....

https://m.apolloduck.com/boat.phtml?id=544643

Ok I suspect you won't get 6k off but it is diesel. :)
Ian. I like these older Sealines. But I am scared of the costs of twin engines and outdrives. Double trouble and double costs

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

PreviousNext