• Boat Banter

It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 23:09
  • In total there are 19 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 19 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Boatless

by ChrisH » 25 Apr 2018, 22:15

Any experiences of Sealine s230.
As far as I can tell Sealine changed from the 230 to the 240 mid 1990s and in 1999 to the s24. From pictures and videos I cannot see any difference apart from the helmseat. But britboat implies the 230 is 1ft shorter than the 240. Would they really have changed the mould by 1 ft?

There is a 230 in Yorkshire for 13995 with a 5l mercruiser

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by shibbs » 05 May 2018, 20:17

Any new progress Chris?

by ChrisH » 09 May 2018, 18:33

So... looked at another s240 in Brighton. Was terrible condition for the money. While therr looked at a Maxum 2400 SCR. Did not bother to look at them before as I don't like the canopy design. But have fallen for them now I've been on-board.
So offer made and accepted and waiting for seatrial ,lift out and inspection on the 23rd.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by Ianfs » 09 May 2018, 18:51

Hey Chris,

Great news, Maxum 2400 a great boat.

If its the 2000 just sold in Brighton with a new 2017 engine block, I suppose the question is, is it a brand new block (maybe because of freeze damage) or is it a reconditioned block?
Then the question arises, was it a short block and were all the other components re-used?

by ChrisH » 09 May 2018, 19:02

Ianfs wrote:Hey Chris,

Great news, Maxum 2400 a great boat.

If its the 2000 just sold in Brighton with a new 2017 engine block, I suppose the question is, is it a brand new block (maybe because of freeze damage) or is it a reconditioned block?
Then the question arises, was it a short block and were all the other components re-used?
Yep. The one with the beige canopy.
I'm waiting to see the paperwork for the new block and also the new outdrive. Looks like all previous ancillary stuff was reattached. Tompa will give her a good going over. If it is a brand new block and out drive then could be a big plus. But let's see.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by ChrisH » 09 May 2018, 19:26

If i get the boat it will need dashboard and dials refurbed. Anyone any experience of this? Dial windows have yellowed. Wondering if I can use wet and dry and then polish on these ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by Xboatboyx » 09 May 2018, 20:14

Ianfs wrote:If its the 2000 just sold in Brighton with a new 2017 engine block, I suppose the question is, is it a brand new block (maybe because of freeze damage) or is it a reconditioned block?

Or like most Brighton based boats, probably not used and abused........
Regal 2250 - 350mag Mercruiser
User avatar
Xboatboyx
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Location: Thames, Poole, Southampton, wherever

by ChrisH » 09 May 2018, 21:07

Let's hope not James.. But we will see..
I guess he must have used it to some degree as he had aircon installed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by Xboatboyx » 10 May 2018, 05:17

A few American boats do get imported with air con installed. As said get receipts for the engine and see if any warranties go with it if it is only a year old. Tom will go through it and know exactly what has been done.
Regal 2250 - 350mag Mercruiser
User avatar
Xboatboyx
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Location: Thames, Poole, Southampton, wherever

by mlines » 10 May 2018, 05:59

The Aircon could mean it's a personal import from the USA, check it has a CE plate and documentation.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
User avatar
mlines

Location: Wokingham, Berkshire