  • In total there are 53 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 52 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 52 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Another British boat builder

by Ianfs » 21 Mar 2018, 22:34

is set to stop production, Broom of Brundall. Fortunately they are staying in business but not manufacturing boats.

Eastern Daily Press today

by ian h » 23 Mar 2018, 22:25

Thats not good News,

From what I see the boat owners in the UK are getting older and there are fewer buyers around, There is not much for the younger boater to buy / afford.
What is the cheapest entry level boat now £30K ??

Many years ago I remember there being 4 large compounds of sports boats at Littlehampton. This equated to a few hundred boats, How many boats are there now ? Less than 40 I would guess. The 20-30 age group can just not afford these toys anymore .
You only have a look around any marina and see the average boat owner age is in the late 40 + age bracket and they have been boating for many years, Are there many buying into the boating life style ?

But see that Oyster have managed to find a buyer.
ian h

by Ianfs » 24 Mar 2018, 08:57

Interesting thoughts there Ian. Agreed with everything you've said.