  • In total there are 75 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 75 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 75 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Finally Done it - New to us Boat

by Bigplumbs » 16 Mar 2018, 17:23

Well after quite a lot of deliberation and Head Scratching we have finally bought another boat. I say another because we are not selling any of the other few we have. They are like family

This new (to us) one is a Sealine S24 which I am pleased to say has a low hours (680hrs) KAD32 in her. She is currently on the Southern Norfolk Broads which is 1 hour 10 mins from where we live. I have surprised myself somewhat as we have decided to keep her on the Broads for at least a year and also keep my Fletcher 19 foot sports cruiser on our Swing mooring at Felixstowe.

Depending on what we like best I may then move the S24 to Felixstowe next year or not as the case may be.

I am now semi retired so have a bit more time than before

From the marina we can reach the sea at Lowestoft and or Gt Yarmouth in about 1.25 hours and Braydon Water allows some speedy play.

Dennis and Her indoors
Attachments
Baloo.jpg
Baloo.jpg (36.52 KiB) Viewed 17972 times
Bigplumbs

Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 22:35

by shibbs » 16 Mar 2018, 21:37

Nice Dennis, I’ve seen some of your threads in the past in the build up to the decision. Hope it ticks all the boxes you were hoping for.
Be nice to see some more pics when you get the chance.
They seem to be well sought after boats.
You’ll have to buy a marina next... :lol:

by Bigplumbs » 17 Mar 2018, 07:18

Interestingly the St Olaves Marina is up for sale but it is £1.7 million and I am a few quid shy of that unfortunately :)

Dennis
Bigplumbs

Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 22:35

by TorbayRob » 17 Mar 2018, 11:12

That's a great boat Dennis and very excited for you! :D

Is there much needed work wise or is she good to go? Look forward to some more pictures and trip reports ;)
TorbayRob
Petty Officer
Petty Officer

Location: Torbay (or pub if it's raining)

by Bigplumbs » 17 Mar 2018, 16:01

TorbayRob wrote:That's a great boat Dennis and very excited for you! :D

Is there much needed work wise or is she good to go? Look forward to some more pictures and trip reports ;)

Basically good to go but there are a few jobs as always that I would like to do:

1) Fit a Diesel cabin heater
2)Change the lights for LEDS including fixing a couple
3) As she has been on the broads fit a radio and fit a mount for my removable Garmin plotter
4) And the most important thing.... Sort out a TV for her

Dennis
Bigplumbs

Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 22:35

by TorbayRob » 18 Mar 2018, 08:40

Bigplumbs wrote:
TorbayRob wrote:That's a great boat Dennis and very excited for you! :D

Is there much needed work wise or is she good to go? Look forward to some more pictures and trip reports ;)

Basically good to go but there are a few jobs as always that I would like to do:

1) Fit a Diesel cabin heater
2)Change the lights for LEDS including fixing a couple
3) As she has been on the broads fit a radio and fit a mount for my removable Garmin plotter
4) And the most important thing.... Sort out a TV for her

Dennis

That's not a bad list - more creature comforts than repairs so a good sign she's been looked after. Enjoy! :D
TorbayRob
Petty Officer
Petty Officer

Location: Torbay (or pub if it's raining)

by ChrisH » 19 Mar 2018, 16:47

Bigplumbs wrote:Well after quite a lot of deliberation and Head Scratching we have finally bought another boat. I say another because we are not selling any of the other few we have. They are like family

This new (to us) one is a Sealine S24 which I am pleased to say has a low hours (680hrs) KAD32 in her. She is currently on the Southern Norfolk Broads which is 1 hour 10 mins from where we live. I have surprised myself somewhat as we have decided to keep her on the Broads for at least a year and also keep my Fletcher 19 foot sports cruiser on our Swing mooring at Felixstowe.

Depending on what we like best I may then move the S24 to Felixstowe next year or not as the case may be.

I am now semi retired so have a bit more time than before

From the marina we can reach the sea at Lowestoft and or Gt Yarmouth in about 1.25 hours and Braydon Water allows some speedy play.

Dennis and Her indoors
She looks lovely.
I'm also on the look for something around 25ft. Undecided what though.
My Mariah is going up for sale end of this month.. also my drive on EZdock too if anyone is interested. Have extensions to take it up to 7m limg.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by ChrisH » 19 Mar 2018, 16:48

Bigplumbs wrote:Well after quite a lot of deliberation and Head Scratching we have finally bought another boat. I say another because we are not selling any of the other few we have. They are like family

This new (to us) one is a Sealine S24 which I am pleased to say has a low hours (680hrs) KAD32 in her. She is currently on the Southern Norfolk Broads which is 1 hour 10 mins from where we live. I have surprised myself somewhat as we have decided to keep her on the Broads for at least a year and also keep my Fletcher 19 foot sports cruiser on our Swing mooring at Felixstowe.

Depending on what we like best I may then move the S24 to Felixstowe next year or not as the case may be.

I am now semi retired so have a bit more time than before

From the marina we can reach the sea at Lowestoft and or Gt Yarmouth in about 1.25 hours and Braydon Water allows some speedy play.

Dennis and Her indoors
She looks lovely.
I'm also on the look for something around 25ft. Undecided what though.
My Mariah is going up for sale end of this month.. also my drive on EZdock too if anyone is interested. Have extensions to take it up to 7m long .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by kwil » 20 Mar 2018, 16:29

Congratulations on a nice boat, the S24's are taking over. Hope you have a good summer with her. We did not do half of what we planned last year, due to family commitments and the weather.
We ended up in conditions I would not pick due to waiting for tidal gates, but the S24 took it all in its stride.

Keith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
kwil
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 15:27

by betty boop » 21 Mar 2018, 15:05

well done Dennis - may see you the Broads in the summer
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

Next