  • In total there are 70 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 70 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 70 guests

Motor Boat Forum

It's cold outside, so lets talk about boats

by Ianfs » 26 Jan 2018, 10:50

I'd like one of these. :D

I have a question though, for which I don't know the answer. Why does a catamaran not roll into a turn like a mono hull and as this Nauti-Craft is a cat, why doesn't it do the same or is the answer obvious and I'm missing it completely?

by ian h » 26 Jan 2018, 20:24

umm. too many moving parts exposed to the elements for me.

How would you dry stack that :D

In the turns it looks like the pontoons stay level but the deck roles
ian h

by ian h » 26 Jan 2018, 20:25

[quote="Ianfs"

I'd like one of these. :D

I have a question though, for which I don't know the answer. Why does a catamaran not roll into a turn like a mono hull and as this Nauti-Craft is a cat, why doesn't it do the same or is the answer obvious and I'm missing it completely?[/quote]

BUT in that video the other catamaran did role and to be honest looked as though they had to quickly back off the power or that would have rolled over
ian h

by Ianfs » 29 Jan 2018, 10:56

BUT in that video the other catamaran did role and to be honest looked as though they had to quickly back off the power or that would have rolled over

Yeah, that was the scary bit, fixed hull cats seem to negative roll into a turn rather than positive roll like a mono hull.

Mind you, I have to say if there were Hunton pace boats following, they wouldn't have made half as much fuss of those waves, trouble is they would have made the suspension boat look bumpy. :mrgreen:

by ian h » 29 Jan 2018, 20:20

ian h

by Ianfs » 29 Jan 2018, 21:12

Yeah, just like that. :D