  • In total there are 52 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 51 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 51 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Interesting little device

by Ianfs » 22 Jan 2018, 13:13

by ian h » 22 Jan 2018, 21:07

could not find a price though
ian h

by Ianfs » 23 Jan 2018, 09:16

They seem to range from the cheapest I've found at £90 to about £119 on average. Fishtec are selling at £102 here's a link. :)

https://www.fishtec.co.uk/buy.cfm/water-wolf-cameras-and-accessories/water-wolf-underwater-camera-1.1/40/yes/102508

Although they seem to be aimed at fishing, I thought they may have some other uses, like underwater shots of your boat or taking a peak at the sea bed whilst at anchor.

by shibbs » 23 Jan 2018, 17:23

Not much to see on the seabed in the solent.. :lol:

A lot of unused fishing tackle :D

And mud.

by Ianfs » 24 Jan 2018, 13:14

shibbs wrote:Not much to see on the seabed in the solent.. :lol:

:lol: :lol: Well I suppose you're the chap who ought to know really, Navy diver and all that. :D

I got interested in this device after chatting to a couple of local commercial and shore fishermen and contrary to general belief of a number of anglers, myself included, which thought the Solent was devoid of fish, for me it was because I found it hard to catch anything, I was told it depends upon where you fish when on a boat and at what time when onshore.

Also when I saw the new Navionics sonar readings of the Solent sea bed it was easy to see why some people thought it was devoid of fish and some were catching. The thing about me not catching much of the beach was simply that most fish round here showed after dark. :?

The thing is, I bet if I was to try following the Sonar live reading, I still wouldn't catch anything. :lol: :lol: