Motor Boat Forum

2 Stroke Winterisation

by Bigplumbs » 03 Dec 2017, 08:07

When I first came to this forum I worried quite a lot about winterising my outboards which are 2 strokes. Now I do nothing to them perhaps put some fuel stabiliser in the petrol tank.

So what do other do to their 2 stroks because I basically think that there us nothing that needs doing

Dennis
Bigplumbs

Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 22:35

by NikTheGeek » 04 Dec 2017, 08:49

I don't even bother with fuel stabalisation :) I just run it up on the muffs or at the local lake every now and again...
Bayliner 160: Narada
ʞǝǝbǝɥʇʞıu/ɯoɔ˙ɹǝʇʇıʍʇ
ɹǝzʇןǝɯsʞıu/ɯoɔ˙ʞooqǝɔɐɟ
User avatar
NikTheGeek
Original Geek and Elderly Punk Rocker
Original Geek and Elderly Punk Rocker

Location: Wigan

by argonaut » 24 Dec 2017, 21:10

I did do a post on 2-strokes on previous forum.

I drop gearbox, change water pump impeller, top up oil, grease all appropriate parts.
Spray water dispersant over everything under the hood (while all still warm)
Change in line fuel filter/separator.

Remove prop.
Cover shaft & lower gearbox with plastic bag to prevent bugs/dirt entry.
Insert wood block to hold weight of engine ...rather than on rams.

Take battery off and put on soak charge.
Spray all electrical connectors & plugs with ‘Corossion Block’. (marine ver of AC50)
Monterey 194fs with Monster MTK tower + water and SkySki = fun ...... towed by Kodiaq Edition
User avatar
argonaut
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer