• Boat Banter

It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 08:57
  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there are 62 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 62 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 1736 on 21 Nov 2020, 15:51
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 62 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Depth Infor lost over 15 knots

by Bigplumbs » 28 Oct 2017, 12:18

ChrisH wrote:I had the same issue...
Lowered it as much as I could which was literally millimetres and changed the angle slightly so it was toe down just a bit and get perfect readings now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That sounds encouraging going to do that

Dennis
Bigplumbs
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

by ChrisH » 28 Oct 2017, 14:15

Bigplumbs wrote:
ChrisH wrote:I had the same issue...
Lowered it as much as I could which was literally millimetres and changed the angle slightly so it was toe down just a bit and get perfect readings now.

That sounds encouraging going to do that

Dennis
I checked alignment to the bottom of the hull with a piece of wood. It had been aligned exactly to the hull base. Now it's a few mill below

ChrisH
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

by Bigplumbs » 28 Oct 2017, 15:50

So after reading many replies I have lowered the transducer on all three boats by about 8 mm and have rotated it to point forward more by one click. It actually looks much better now. We will see.

Thanks for all the advice

Dennis
Bigplumbs
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

by betty boop » 30 Oct 2017, 19:24

sprocker wrote:
sprocker wrote:
betty boop wrote:That makes sense as to why my temp shows tropical water temps all the time, I thought I was going mad with 25 deg Torbay water?

the loose of depth info I have too when on plane, from an internal transducer but only occasionally, I just take it as something I have to put up with - not sure thats accurate description or a fault?

25 degs in Torbay?? You know these waters better than that Ian.

Could it be that your transducer is positioned in a part of the hull that is not always fully submerged when on the plane ? Even a few bubbles between the transducer and water can make a difference between good or bad readings.

cant say for sure but on the river 7mph this weekend it read 25.7 deg, I wasnt about to jump in and try it our though :lol: :lol:
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

Previous

Return to Motor Boat Forum

User Menu