• Boat Banter

It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 04:38
  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there are 20 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 20 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 1736 on 21 Nov 2020, 15:51
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Ooooh ... is it finished

by Ianfs » 27 Oct 2017, 20:01

You mean Old harry rocks and Swanage to the left in the background

Of course James, that's what I meant. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Martin, don't you just love 'em when they point out your mistakes in public! :? What are your parenting solutions, do you punch him or let him starve? :lol: :lol:

All jokes aside and I absolutely mean this, we love do you James and you are of course right, we can only see the Purbecks from our section of beach so to be fair, thank you for pointing it out.

Lovely photo's Ian, are they taken from your front garden?

Almost Andy. We decided not to buy too close to the cliff as it is still receding and we want this house to be our last home. However, there are some nice smaller houses in Christchurch Harbour we quite fancy. :mrgreen:
Ianfs
Captain
Captain

by sprocker » 27 Oct 2017, 20:32

Ianfs wrote:
Almost Andy. We decided not to buy too close to the cliff as it is still receding and we want this house to be our last home. However, there are some nice smaller houses in Christchurch Harbour we quite fancy. :mrgreen:

I heard all about Christchurch harbour from a lovely couple that viewed Gin Trap yesterday. Some very nice houses with their own pontoons?

Sound perfect to me!
sprocker
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

by mlines » 27 Oct 2017, 20:34

Ianfs wrote:
Martin, don't you just love 'em when they point out your mistakes in public! :? What are your parenting solutions, do you punch him or let him starve?

I just make sure he is aware revenge is a dessert best served cold

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
mlines
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

by sprocker » 27 Oct 2017, 20:38

Ianfs wrote:
Lovely photo's Ian, are they taken from your front garden?

Good decision Ian, did you see the house at the bottom of the cliff on Oddicombe beach when you visited last year? That house was at the top of the cliff three years ago!

I heard all about Christchurch harbour from a lovely couple that viewed Gin Trap yesterday. Some very nice houses with their own pontoons?

Sound perfect to me!
sprocker
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

by mlines » 28 Oct 2017, 20:39

Beautiful final day yesterday, the light was stunning.

We went over to Newtown Creek for a relaxing picnic lunch followed by a full chat return in the calm waters that came along in the afternoon. A fitting end to a tremendous years boating.

We decided at the beginning of the year to try a 6 month package on the dry stack. This was because of the illness and subsequent death of my Father-in-law meaning I had to spend a lot of time in Wales. James does not have B+E on his licence so we felt we had to leave the boat somewhere he could use it whilst I was away.

This meant a great year overall for the boat. Lots of use with a record number of trips out. In particular, drystacking meant last minute decisions, evening trips or "just pop down and look at the sea state" worked for us. At the moment it is firmly on our plans to do this again next year.

The early morning boded well for the day

A chill in the wind showed that autumn had its grip but it was still lovely

Lovely and quiet at Newtown Creek

As I mentioned, the light was crystal clear (in Internet speak #nofilter apart from a polariser on a couple)

And flat out on the way back, 46knots or 53 MPH

And time to call 2017 done :(

So a full service, a few minor tweaks and fixes and roll on March 2018
Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
mlines
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

by shibbs » 29 Oct 2017, 12:28

Great pictures Martin. Sounds like you’ve had a great season.
Drystack really does sound like the best option.
Stu

Princess 286 Riviera
Twin Volvo Penta AD41’s
shibbs
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

by Ianfs » 29 Oct 2017, 16:21

Great pictures Martin and what's it like doing 53mph, I think the fastest I've got out of my old girl was 46mph. :D
Ianfs
Captain
Captain

by Ianfs » 29 Oct 2017, 16:31

Good decision Ian, did you see the house at the bottom of the cliff on Oddicombe beach when you visited last year? That house was at the top of the cliff three years ago!

Is that what this was, we thought it was just a Cliff collapse, didn't realise there was a house there. Oh and there's a story behind our visit to this beach! :mrgreen:

DSC_0236.jpg
DSC_0236.jpg (299.41 KiB) Viewed 14222 times

Now stop teasing me. :lol:

Christchurch is lovely but imho has 2 problems for larger craft. First of all it can get very shallow so getting in and out in anything bigger than a rib or sportsboat is not always possible at low tides. Secondly, the Fairway can be difficult because of the shifting sand banks, the harbour lads do change the Lateral marks though so as long as they are followed its ok.
Ianfs
Captain
Captain

by sprocker » 29 Oct 2017, 18:14

Ianfs wrote:
Is that what this was, we thought it was just a Cliff collapse, didn't realise there was a house there. Oh and there's a story behind our visit to this beach! :mrgreen:

DSC_0236.jpg

That's the one Ian, two more house still at the top of the cliff waiting for the inevitable.

I look forward to hearing about your story!!!! :o
sprocker
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

by Ianfs » 29 Oct 2017, 20:18

Sorry to go off topic Argonaut, if not ok please say and I'll delete.

Sprocker

Laura's dad flew Mosquitos with144 Squadron WW11. Part of his fitness training was at Oddicombe which included running up and down the track/road to the beach. Where that cliff collapse happened was a part of the beach that was commandeered by their training team as RAF property. Apparently they would often strip off completely to sunbathe. Now as it was sectioned off to the general public the local ladies would choose to swim past in order to take in the views of the cliffs....well possibly. Stories eh? :o :mrgreen:
Ianfs
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Motor Boat Forum

User Menu