• Boat Banter

It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 18:23
  • In total there are 16 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 16 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Ooooh ... is it finished

by argonaut » 22 Oct 2017, 18:52

Had a really good day out last Sunday .... 4Hrs of watersports in an empty bay.
Water was surpsingly warm (I track the temp ) and 2 degrees up on same time last year

However with 55mph winds this weekend ....... no joy.
Hope the season is not over - how about the rest of you, packed it in yet ?
FourWinns H210, Volvo 280-C-N duoprop, Monster MTK tower, SBS 2600 twin axle trailer
Tow Vehicle - Landrover Discovery Sport
User avatar
argonaut

by Ianfs » 22 Oct 2017, 19:29

Nope still hoping for a few good days Argonaut. :)

by mlines » 22 Oct 2017, 19:39

Another two weeks left on the drystack so it's up to the weather really

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
User avatar
mlines

Location: Wokingham, Berkshire

by shibbs » 22 Oct 2017, 21:05

After a very short frustrating season, I pulled Chin Chin out on Thursday. She's now on her trailer waiting for a Pre winter scrub, service and winterise.
On the plus side, I managed to solve all the issues I'd had so she will be good to go as soon as the frosts leave us... :D

by sprocker » 23 Oct 2017, 06:58

Staying in over the winter again, hoping for some more excellent, calm but cool, winter days out.

Will come out in March for a few weeks for service & antifoul etc.
User avatar
sprocker

Location: Plymouth, Devon

by betty boop » 23 Oct 2017, 17:54

still mobile and summerised but with a lube leak and other issues so unlikely to be used again - but may grab a blast on a local river if this weekend is any good, trouble is the river is only 5 miles long, almost dead straight and under high flood banks so BORING.
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by ChrisH » 23 Oct 2017, 21:25

Never managed to get back in the water since our summer holiday. Either weather or other commitments. Have told.my engineer to winterwise as still have no weekends really coming up.

Also not going to tow to Europe anymore so think I will sell up the Mariah. Probably by something a bit bigger and more suited to solent conditions. Not sure yet though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by Ianfs » 27 Oct 2017, 10:07

I see James L has got out today.

This is what he has to look forward to.....

DSC_0166.jpg
DSC_0166.jpg (246.68 KiB) Viewed 14356 times

DSC_0174.jpg
DSC_0174.jpg (240.1 KiB) Viewed 14356 times

Christchurch Harbour Entrance with Canford Cliffs to the left in the background

Christchurch Entrance.jpg
Christchurch Entrance.jpg (178.59 KiB) Viewed 14356 times

by sprocker » 27 Oct 2017, 12:06

Lovely photo's Ian, are they taken from your front garden?
User avatar
sprocker

Location: Plymouth, Devon

by Xboatboyx » 27 Oct 2017, 18:48

Ianfs wrote: Christchurch Harbour Entrance with Canford Cliffs to the left in the background

Christchurch Entrance.jpg

You mean Old harry rocks and Swanage to the left in the background ;)
Regal 2250 - 350mag Mercruiser
User avatar
Xboatboyx
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Location: Thames, Poole, Southampton, wherever

Next