• Boat Banter

It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 18:12
  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there are 16 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 16 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 1736 on 21 Nov 2020, 15:51
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Ducksback cover - Excellent

by Bigplumbs » 07 Oct 2017, 09:56

My new to me boat did not come with a cover so I spent £57 on a Ducksback one from ebay. I was not expecting much but when it arrived I am very very pleased with it. As advised I bought the smaller one based on the size of my rib after measuring and it fits perfect. It is sort of a stretchy material and breathable. It is quick to put on and off and fits my boat so that water will not pond.

In short if you have no cover try one of these. For the price why wouldn't you.

Time will tell how long it will last. If I get more than 2 seasons I will be happy enough. 3 would make it excellent value

Dennis
Attachments
DSCF9423 (Medium).JPG
DSCF9423 (Medium).JPG (271.19 KiB) Viewed 6451 times
DSCF9421 (Medium).JPG
DSCF9421 (Medium).JPG (315.17 KiB) Viewed 6451 times
Bigplumbs
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

by betty boop » 07 Oct 2017, 11:21

Bigplumbs wrote:My new to me boat did not come with a cover so I spent £57 on a Ducksback one from ebay. I was not expecting much but when it arrived I am very very pleased with it. As advised I bought the smaller one based on the size of my rib after measuring and it fits perfect. It is sort of a stretchy material and breathable. It is quick to put on and off and fits my boat so that water will not pond.

In short if you have no cover try one of these. For the price why wouldn't you.

Time will tell how long it will last. If I get more than 2 seasons I will be happy enough. 3 would make it excellent value

Dennis

They are very good Dennis Ive had a few myself from Ebay, current record is 2 1/2 full years in constant sunshine i.e. high uv exposure on a south facing slop will last you longer if you can keep it in the shade or under cover etc. Ive always opted these being disposable (sort of) vs a canvas cover more costly but with viable length of life benefit.
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by Bigplumbs » 07 Oct 2017, 17:12

These were my maths.

Proper canvas cover cost say £600 and will get old a messy.

If this one lasts 2 -3 years £600 will be 10 covers or 20 - 30 years. That will do me I recon. I also like how easily it goes on and off

Dennis
Bigplumbs
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

by betty boop » 08 Oct 2017, 09:28

Ha good point - mine used to roll up in a small bag, my current anti rip clear tart rolls up into an jumbo sized wheelie bin a major B' ache - it wont be much use on your RIB but another option for a made to fit measure cover is a light weight tart that you sew to fit the boat shape. - trouble is (as Ive found out) that ebay tarps rot in UV quickly so although Ive got a nice made to measure cover its rotting after 1 1/4 summer and not sure it will make 2. but again at £50 and my time to chop & sew its no big deal. :lol:
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

Return to Motor Boat Forum

User Menu