  • In total there are 105 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 105 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 105 guests

Motor Boat Forum

New Toy added to the fleet

by Bigplumbs » 03 Oct 2017, 19:32

I was our 30th wedding anniversary today so I bought her indoors a nice present to go hunting for Pearls in (See attached pics). She bought me a necklace and some earrings. I think we might swap.

This addition to the fleet will be called ClickNCollect to go with Add2Cart

Dennis
Attachments
DSCF9420 (Medium).JPG
DSCF9420 (Medium).JPG (297.98 KiB) Viewed 12891 times
DSCF9419 (Medium).JPG
DSCF9419 (Medium).JPG (321.36 KiB) Viewed 12891 times
DSCF9418 (Medium).JPG
DSCF9418 (Medium).JPG (314.37 KiB) Viewed 12891 times
Bigplumbs

Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 22:35

by betty boop » 04 Oct 2017, 08:28

looks fun Denis, I can see myself owning something similar one day and getting out of the large plastic tubs. easier to tow/launch etc.
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by BruceK » 04 Oct 2017, 09:12

Nice! Great fun and very seaworthy.
BruceK

by Ianfs » 05 Oct 2017, 10:56

She bought me a necklace and some earrings.

Well I never! What you two get up to eh? :? :mrgreen:

Nice boat Dennis, bet she flies.

You'll be buying a Marina next to house them all. :lol:

by Bigplumbs » 05 Oct 2017, 11:49

I would love to be able to buy a marina but alas funds a bit short for that.

It is true to say that I probably did not 'need' this extra boat (I hate the word need) but it was the right size for single handed use, The right motor on good trailer in quite good nick all for £3K so I sort of could not resist......... Who could

Her indoors just sort of smiled..... Well I thought it was a smile

Dennis
Bigplumbs

Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 22:35

by lewlew100 » 07 Oct 2017, 09:06

That certainly looks a lovely bit of kit and at that price sounds like an absolute bargain to me. Well done. Geoff.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by Bigplumbs » 08 Oct 2017, 20:49

Tried her out today and quite pleased. Got 33 Knots 2 up and only had full throttle for a few seconds and did not mess with the trim to see if I could get more.

I think I will get 35Knots one up if I am lucky. That is plenty fast enough for me

No sign of chine walking

Dennis
Attachments
20171008_111530.jpg
20171008_111530.jpg (135.78 KiB) Viewed 12803 times
Bigplumbs

Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 22:35

by Bigplumbs » 09 Oct 2017, 12:21

Got the boat home and went to wash out the engine and it was running like a pig and spitting fuel out of what I found was the top carb. I thought that was odd as it had run flat out so well. I have now removed the top carb and stripped it down to find that the float has a small hole and is full of petrol. Now that I am sure would have been the problem.

Interesting that in March 2017 the paperwork I got with the boat said it had had a carb clean. I cant get the fuel out of the float easily so it would have been there a while. You got to ask yourself if this should have been spotted....... Interesting

Dennis
Attachments
Float.jpg
Float.jpg (89.72 KiB) Viewed 12793 times
Bigplumbs

Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 22:35

by shibbs » 09 Oct 2017, 14:17

Certainly makes you wonder what your getting when you pay for work to be done!!

by Bigplumbs » 09 Oct 2017, 16:34

shibbs wrote:Certainly makes you wonder what your getting when you pay for work to be done!!

Quite that is why I try to do as much as I can myself

Dennis
Bigplumbs

Joined: 09 Dec 2014, 22:35

Next