• Boat Banter

It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 08:10
  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there are 35 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 35 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 1736 on 21 Nov 2020, 15:51
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 35 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Are drystacks flexible

by Ianfs » 20 Sep 2017, 18:50

I don't know the answer generally, except that one or two seem too only want to take a fixed sum for a fixed period and only extend for the long term. Is this general or are there others who are flexible?
Ianfs
Captain
Captain

by JORIDAPILOT » 21 Dec 2017, 13:52

Ianfs wrote:I don't know the answer generally, except that one or two seem too only want to take a fixed sum for a fixed period and only extend for the long term. Is this general or are there others who are flexible?

Do you mean drystacks or are you referring to some form of meat eaten in Outer Mongolia by those who have more teeth than a mouthful???

Drystacks usually have a monthly contract as an alternative to annual but the cost per month is approaching 3x the annual rate.
"Boatless"
High & Dry and a million miles from the sea.
JORIDAPILOT
Able Rate
Able Rate

by Ianfs » 21 Dec 2017, 15:49

Do you mean drystacks or are you referring to some form of meat eaten in Outer Mongolia by those who have more teeth than a mouthful???

Yes of course I mean drystacks, I don't know what you are talking about Paul....ahem! :roll: :mrgreen:

Your signature says you're a million miles from the sea, I thought you lived in Southampton, have you moved old bean?
Ianfs
Captain
Captain

by ian h » 21 Dec 2017, 22:06

What sort of flexibility are you looking for ?

There other options that I know of where you can keep boat on a trailer and have it launched from there
ian h
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

by Ianfs » 21 Dec 2017, 22:51

Dry stacks are great apart from the fixed sum for a fixed period.
Ianfs
Captain
Captain

by ColinR » 22 Dec 2017, 09:53

Isn't that the same for any marina berth though? You pay for a year regardless of how much you use the boat.

Shamrock used to do a Rib and Sports boat contract where for the summer months you kept the boat on its trailer and they would launch it and put it away once per weekend. You could decide how many months you had the boat there and had to arrange your own winter storage. It was not very popular so they dropped the scheme.

It was also expensive when you looked at the monthly cost compared with an annual dry stack contract.

What sort of flexibility are you looking for?
ColinR
All round Jolly Good Chap
All round Jolly Good Chap

by Xboatboyx » 22 Dec 2017, 10:29

Some Drystacks offer monthly contracts but it is more expensive than annual. I think you have to use your boat well enough to make dry stack viable otherwise you either sell up or store it at home.
Regal 2250 - 350mag Mercruiser
Xboatboyx
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

by JORIDAPILOT » 22 Dec 2017, 12:54

Ianfs wrote:

Your signature says you're a million miles from the sea, I thought you lived in Southampton, have you moved old bean?

No, I haven't moved but with no boat I might as well be a million miles from the sea!
I am considering a boat share scheme next year which may prove to be a viable option, we will see!
"Boatless"
JORIDAPILOT
Able Rate
Able Rate

by Xboatboyx » 07 Jan 2018, 10:24

JORIDAPILOT wrote:
Ianfs wrote:

No, I haven't moved but with no boat I might as well be a million miles from the sea!
I am considering a boat share scheme next year which may prove to be a viable option, we will see!

Or you could buy Jorida back :)

http://www.harbouryachts.co.uk/boat.php ... 0%20Cabrio
Regal 2250 - 350mag Mercruiser
Xboatboyx
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

by JORIDAPILOT » 10 Jan 2018, 11:56

Xboatboyx wrote:
JORIDAPILOT wrote:
Ianfs wrote:

Or you could buy Jorida back :)

http://www.harbouryachts.co.uk/boat.php ... 0%20Cabrio

They are having a larf, £24.5K and a year older than when they bought it, doesn't look like they have done anything to it other than a service!!!!!

I tell a lie, it looks like new canvas canopy, but only 9 engine hours since I sold it, perhaps they have caught the bug and are buying a Sunsqueaker :lol: :lol:
Last edited by JORIDAPILOT on 24 Jan 2018, 13:33, edited 1 time in total.
"Boatless"
JORIDAPILOT
Able Rate
Able Rate

Next

Return to Motor Boat Forum

User Menu