  • In total there are 39 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 38 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 38 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Italian Lakes

by Mad Tarq » 11 Sep 2017, 21:23

Hi all,

Do we have a thread on the lakes at all; if not, might be good to start one. I'm keen on Como next year, having done Garda, and Maggiore for the last 3 years....

Mad Tarq

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk
Mad Tarq
Able Rate
Able Rate

by ChrisH » 11 Sep 2017, 21:43

Would be interested to hear your experiences on Garda and Maggiore. I considered both this year and ended up at Lake Annecy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by Mad Tarq » 15 Sep 2017, 14:06

Not sure how to answer that one. I loved both in different ways. I found Garda sea state a bit tougher than Maggiore, which was a problem as we wakeboard. Garda was more spectacular than Maggiore, but Maggiore was flatter, and easier to visit all the towns and sites with the boat

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk
Mad Tarq
Able Rate
Able Rate

by Mad Tarq » 15 Sep 2017, 14:07

Maggiore needs your boat registered before you go....easy to do. Garda didn't. On both lakes I got caught in an alpine storm. Made the Solent look like child's play

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk
Mad Tarq
Able Rate
Able Rate

by ChrisH » 16 Sep 2017, 20:42

Thanks for that.. would recommend Annecy too. Can be a bit choppy sometimes for wakeboarding but nothing like the solent.. did not figure out any visitor moorings in the towns though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by Mad Tarq » 20 Sep 2017, 20:04