  • In total there are 34 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 34 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests

Motor Boat Forum

None of us are perfect...

by Ianfs » 13 Aug 2017, 17:23

I've lived with a boat of some kind for about 50yrs, ok some of the time I was only either sailing a small dinghy or racing an Enterprise, but most of my time I've either crewed an offshore yacht, navigated the South Coast etc or skippered the family Broom, Princess or even later part owning a Sunseeker in Portugal amongst other things.

Except what did this prat do this weekend?? :shock:

I had it all organised so that we had no visitors or that we were not visiting anyone so could take a lovely jaunt out to enjoy this wonderful weather. But instead Iforgot to renew my boat insurance, it ran out last week......doohhhh! OK so you may think I'm a bit anal and that a short trip out without insurance would not be an issue, indeed 99.99999999% of the time that would be right. Except an old sportsboat travelling down the Beaulieu River is bound to have a contrataunte with something big or some sort of third party issue. I chickened out.

by shibbs » 13 Aug 2017, 21:28

It would have been sods law Ian, even something minor and you would never have stopped kicking yourself! :)