  • In total there are 64 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 63 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 63 guests

Motor Boat Forum

trip south this weekend

by lewlew100 » 15 Aug 2017, 22:12

For Ian, I would guess that any escape from the GH metropolis would be great. Geoff.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by betty boop » 16 Aug 2017, 08:19

Ianfs wrote:
A short trip out and guess who was left to clean up the boat after they got out and buggered off.

Typical. Did you enjoy your trip Sarf then? :D

Yes indeed the area was well worth a visit, it was a mixture of ups and downs for boating. The harbour master was beyond doubt the most friendly and helpful Ive experienced. by phone gave me all the advice I needed from launching to facilities etc. We were going to launch and stay at Premier's Chichester marina to avoid the tide but HM talked us in to launch & stay at Itchenor. Made me smile as the weekend fees dropped from £111 for Premier (with a possible 2 hour + queue/wait time for the lock) to £48 for the Visitors pontoon/launch and 3 nights car/trailer parking (and free to anchor), in his own words, the difference is beer or fuel for the weekend :lol: & they offered a Landy to drag us out if we got stuck at low tide. The only problem was the distance to sea, 50min against tide each way was a struggle but nothing major.

If I was to moan out loud it would be the locals, visiting yachties were very helpful but the local's seem to dislike visitors, wash from passing cruisers and local boats was terrible. As Ive been moaned at on the Hamble for 8mph wash I was surprised with the disregard for wash or speed even at 4AM passing the over night pontoons. worst was the commodore's launch of the very large sailing club, with him slamming wash into boats 4 feet away on the walk ashore pontoon and our tender got swamped by wash of the ferry, (wet bums all round). BUT after learning that the locals include Mick Jagger, Ronnie Wood and Keith Richards and a host of their ex wives I can see why they dont like visitors and to be fair neither would I given the lovely houses/mansions. On the way back I got moved on by a local for stopping outside a property on a public road & lay by as I was spoiling the area. I kid u not but it seems by the posters they dont like common caravaners coming on mass, on the cheap to the area then going home.

all good fun though and I will return I hope.
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by betty boop » 16 Aug 2017, 08:21

lewlew100 wrote:For Ian, I would guess that any escape from the GH metropolis would be great. Geoff.

yes the stay at home prison is really getting to me, any more time spent on this machine job hunting and I'll get bed sores :lol:
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

Previous