  • In total there are 26 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 25 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 25 guests

Motor Boat Forum

boat identification

by lewlew100 » 29 Jun 2017, 20:41

Well Ian (BB), my todays efforts will not make you laugh, but positively start to roll about the aisles. I have only gone and bought yet another SCRAP? boat, but sadly not another Carrera. I shall probably end up adding that story to my other thread. I apologize to the OP for hijacking the thread, I have spent ages trying to find the boats ID. I do not believe that it is a falcon as despite some similarities with the superstructure the hull is a totally different shape. I do not remember ever seeing a hull that shape and suspect that it is not English. Geoff.
Last edited by lewlew100 on 30 Jun 2017, 17:35, edited 1 time in total.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

by betty boop » 30 Jun 2017, 07:49

lewlew100 wrote:Well Ian (BB), my todays efforts will not make you laugh, but positively start to roll about the isles. I have only gone and bought yet another SCRAP? boat, but sadly not another Carrera. I shall probably end up adding that story to my other thread. I apologize to the OP for hijacking the thread, I have spent ages trying to find the boats ID. I do not believe that it is a falcon as despite some similarities with the superstructure the hull is a totally different shape. I do not remember ever seeing a hull that shape and suspect that it is not English. Geoff.

Geoff dont we worry we can help with gentle therapy, I believe the Priory Group charge £600 a night in the addiction clinics, as a one time only offer I can offer a bed in the Gedney Hill institute, a day of supportive boat addiction therapy and 3 meals a day for only £400 a night. You'll even get the local delicacy of boiled cabbage for dinner in this special offer. PayPal or Cash accepted.
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by Ianfs » 30 Jun 2017, 15:51

Right so, I've been in contact with Andrew Wolstenholme, who designed some Falcon's, what a nice chap, however he has confirmed it is definitely not a Falcon, so that's that one out of the window. :?

He seemed to think it was built by a chap he visited in Yorkshire, possibly Hebden Bridge way and thought he had an old brochure or leaflet in his loft, but alas has just confirmed it may have got trashed with other bits.

Back to square one!

by BruceK » 30 Jun 2017, 16:12

What? A home build?
BruceK

by Ianfs » 30 Jun 2017, 20:25

What? A home build?

No Bruce, although the way I worded it I take your point. He meant a boatbuilder in Yorkshire, possibly not there anymore.

by chogg1 » 18 Jul 2017, 13:34

i would just like to thank you all for your help in trying to solve this
chogg1
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 09:23

by Ianfs » 21 Jul 2017, 06:41

No problem, anytime chogg. :)

by chogg1 » 21 Aug 2017, 07:51

help again please, where would be the best and cheapest place to get a steering helmet for volvo penta 290 duo prop out drive as mine has broke
chogg1
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 09:23

by Ianfs » 21 Aug 2017, 19:54

I did a bit of googling earlier today and it appears that the helmet itself is no longer available on it's own, it now comes with the yoke attached.

Maybe not much good to you but ebay is my only suggestion.

by lewlew100 » 07 Oct 2017, 19:12

This boat, whilst still not identified is currently being offered for sale on the Bay. Geoff.
lewlew100

Joined: 29 Dec 2016, 13:02

Previous