  • In total there are 51 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 51 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 51 guests

Motor Boat Forum

Mercruiser 4.5L

by betty boop » 22 Aug 2017, 08:24

argonaut wrote:On my trailer, I move winch post forward about 4" from where it was , moved the rear Bogey's back so the last 4 rollers were just under the transom.

Did not have to move axles - but that would be an option.

If I recall on the SBS u cant move the axles as they are bolted through the frame section so the only load shift is back & forth on the winch stop.
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by kwil » 22 Aug 2017, 08:53

betty boop wrote:If I recall on the SBS u cant move the axles as they are bolted through the frame section so the only load shift is back & forth on the winch stop.

Everything is adjustable on any SBS trailer produced in at least the last 15 years. Winch post for height and position, front keel roller for height and position, all cross beams and roller sets and the axles.

Keith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
kwil
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 15:27

by betty boop » 22 Aug 2017, 10:22

kwil wrote:
betty boop wrote:If I recall on the SBS u cant move the axles as they are bolted through the frame section so the only load shift is back & forth on the winch stop.

15 years. - explains why mine had big bolts through the axle to frame then

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by Ianfs » 22 Aug 2017, 11:22

This has really gone off topic.

It's a fascinating and knowledgeable discussion but could I ask you guys to open a new topic in the Trailer forum or tack on to Argonauts discussion about Trailer recommendation, it's spreading the chat around a little and I'm getting giddy keeping up. :?

I'm sure Argonaut doesn't mind the hijack but it does diversify from his original discussion.

Thank you. :)

Previous