It is currently 16 Oct 2018, 12:38

Princess

Princess 40

by sprocker » 03 Jan 2018, 11:28

Here you go Ian, most certainly not a sportsboat,

Almost 20 years ago my father and I saw our first Princess 40 Flybridge, at that point I told him "I'll have one of those one day", I finally realized my dream this week. The only sad part is that we lost my father two years ago, so he is not here to enjoy her with us.

We had been looking at upgrading to a 40' ish flybridge, and have viewed a lot of boats that were either good condition and very expensive, or poor condition and still expensive.

By chance we heard about this particular boat 'possibly coming up for sale' earlier in the year, through a friend that knew the boat and the owner, and vouched for her suitability. A couple of viewings, survey and sea trial followed, the deal was agreed, and we finally completed on her on 1st January. All without going onto the open market.

She is 1998 vintage, Twin TAMD63P with 650 hours and very highly specc'd. A very 'classic' looking Princess.

To say that we are over the moon with her is a massive understatement. She is a credit to her previous owner, and is everything that we need to allow us extend our cruising range even further, and allow our year round boat usage in more comfort.

Just waiting for a weather window to bring her around the coast to her home berth in Torquay.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Last edited by sprocker on 03 Jan 2018, 18:17, edited 1 time in total.
Achieved the dream!! Princess 40 of 1998 vintage.
User avatar
sprocker

Location: Torbay, Devon

by shibbs » 03 Jan 2018, 16:02

:D
WOW!!! What a boat, bet your well chuffed!
Sounds like an example of things falling into place at the right time.
Ps, your signature is out of date... :lol:

by sprocker » 03 Jan 2018, 18:24

Can't quite explain how chuffed Stu, everything just fell into place perfectly, from first finding the Princess, to selling our Sessa very quickly to the first viewer, right through to the whole deal going smoothly.

p.s. Signature sorted. ;)
Achieved the dream!! Princess 40 of 1998 vintage.
User avatar
sprocker

Location: Torbay, Devon

by ColinR » 03 Jan 2018, 22:08

Very very nice. I'm not jealous at all :D
User avatar
ColinR
All round Jolly Good Chap
All round Jolly Good Chap

Location: Hampshire, England

by shibbs » 03 Jan 2018, 22:10

So just being nosey here, what led to you moving on from the sessa so quickly, that was a lovely boat, did it just make you realise that the extra space was worth going for sooner rather than later or literally the right opportunity that couldn’t be ignored?

by sprocker » 04 Jan 2018, 08:12

shibbs wrote:So just being nosey here, what led to you moving on from the sessa so quickly, that was a lovely boat, did it just make you realise that the extra space was worth going for sooner rather than later or literally the right opportunity that couldn’t be ignored?

A bit of both really Stu. The Sessa was a fantastic boat, no doubt about that, and it really extended our cruising range and usage (we only missed 6 weekends aboard all year, and spent 3 x 1 week holidays and a few long weekends away on her). But we found her short on storage space for extended holidays cruising (Maybe more of an issue for SWMBO than me. :roll: ).

We had intended to upgrade within the next coupe of years anyway, but when the P40 came up we thought it too good an opportunity to miss, so just went for it.
Achieved the dream!! Princess 40 of 1998 vintage.
User avatar
sprocker

Location: Torbay, Devon

by Ianfs » 04 Jan 2018, 13:21

WOW!

It's not often I'm stuck for words but she is outstanding, with design features which defy age. Congratulations Andy and if you want some crew for the move, I'm there and I suspect Colin, Stu and a few others will be more than happy to throw a few ropes. :D
Ianfs
Captain
Captain

by shibbs » 04 Jan 2018, 19:56

Ianfs wrote:Congratulations Andy and if you want some crew for the move, I'm there and I suspect Colin, Stu and a few others will be more than happy to throw a few ropes. :D

Just say the word!! :D :D

by sprocker » 05 Jan 2018, 08:31

Plymouth to Torquay won't be quite as exciting as my last inaugural cruise from Hamble to Torquay,

Wait....what am I talking about....of course it will!!!

We are planning a week around the Solent this coming year, so maybe a beer & natter could be scheduled? I would welcome some experienced knowledge of
the IOW do's & don'ts.
Achieved the dream!! Princess 40 of 1998 vintage.
User avatar
sprocker

Location: Torbay, Devon

by ColinR » 05 Jan 2018, 16:46

Look forward to it.

All I can say is don't run aground of Ryde sands! It's very embarrassing and you get laughed at. (so I've heard :lol: :lol: :lol: )
User avatar
ColinR
All round Jolly Good Chap
All round Jolly Good Chap