• Boat Banter

It is currently 19 May 2024, 03:38

Electrics, Electronics & Hardware

Battery charging

by Alan1974 » 03 Sep 2016, 09:45

Hi. Im new to boating and just bought a boat with an 1984 evinrude 60 outboard.
Will this automatically charge a battery?
Also my dad has a fairly large leasure battery will this work ok with that engine ?

Thanks
Alan1974
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 02 Sep 2016, 19:51

by Gazjen » 03 Sep 2016, 18:08

It should have an output on it to charge a battery of you get it running a volt meter would answer the question. A traditional leisure battery is not ideal as a stater battery but I'm sure it will be fine starting a 40hp 2 stroke as I can't image they require high current to start.
Gazjen
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Joined: 19 Jun 2015, 02:13

Return to Electrics, Electronics & Hardware

User Menu