Electrics, Electronics & Hardware

Isolator switches not isolating

by sprocker » 08 Sep 2015, 18:47

Problem solved. Both isolator switches had worked loose on the centre screw so weren't opening fully on the cam.

I tightened them up and added a lock nut so that should stop them working loose again. Everything is now isolated in the OFF position.
Last edited by sprocker on 08 Sep 2015, 20:25, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
sprocker

Location: Plymouth, Devon

by ColinR » 08 Sep 2015, 20:03

Result :)
User avatar
ColinR
All round Jolly Good Chap
All round Jolly Good Chap

Location: Hampshire, England

by _Ed_ » 08 Sep 2015, 22:05

That's more like it!
www.aboardmyboat.co.uk - boat projects and stuff!
_Ed_
Elite Engine tuner
Elite Engine tuner

by Ianfs » 09 Sep 2015, 07:03

I tightened them up and added a lock nut

Wise man, great result. :)

by sprocker » 09 Sep 2015, 07:28

I wonder how many have these switches that have worked loose but don't realise they are not isolating? An inherent design problem easily cured with a locking nut.
User avatar
sprocker

Location: Plymouth, Devon

Previous

Return to Electrics, Electronics & Hardware