Electrics, Electronics & Hardware

MMSI Number

by shibbs » 12 May 2019, 19:13

Evening all,
I've just upgraded my VHF radio from a very old unit that was getting a little unreliable to an Icom M330GE. I've got to say, so far im extremely impressed with it, really compact, simple to install etc etc and it comes with a GPS receiver / sender so it will give a Lat and Long position and connect to a log for GPS speed (which i also treated myself to.. :D )
Anyway, to the question:
Upon first set up, it is asking me for an MMSI number, i do not have one. Having done a quick google search, it has said to log into Ofcom to register etc,, it is at this point that i'm lost. Not sure which licence i'm supposed to be applying for and so on.
I've done a DSC radio course,i will check my certificate at work tomorrow to see what it says but a little lost at the moment.
Has anyone else been through this process recently?

Thanks in advance.

by shibbs » 12 May 2019, 19:32

Typical... I did a search after i posted and found the answer to my question and i am now sorted.
I found the answer in a previous VHF post, the answer i needed was supplied by Martin, who, incidentally supplied the required answer for that post too! :D Well done that man.

viewtopic.php?f=106&t=626&p=5152&hilit=mmsi#p5152

Return to Electrics, Electronics & Hardware