It is currently 19 Nov 2018, 14:17

Electrics, Electronics & Hardware

Tracking

by mlines » 05 Apr 2018, 09:59

With ours being a shared boat I have been looking at tracking so whoever is left ashore can see where the boat is. AIS transmitters are still expensive (£300 upwards) although this is an option when upgrading in the future as integrated marine radios with AIS transmitters are coming to the market.

Ebay offers the other end of the market with trackers for around £13. Therefore I have spent some time getting one working.

Its quite a long article so here is a link rather than reproducing it here.

https://www.sportsboat.org.uk/index.php ... y/tracking
Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
User avatar
mlines

Location: Wokingham, Berkshire

Return to Electrics, Electronics & Hardware

User Menu