• Boat Banter

It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 04:38
  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • Who is online
  • In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 1736 on 21 Nov 2020, 15:51
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Electrics, Electronics & Hardware

Shore power trickle charger

by shibbs » 02 Jun 2018, 20:34

That’s great info Martin, thanks for the input!
:D
Stu

Princess 286 Riviera
Twin Volvo Penta AD41’s
shibbs
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

by mlines » 02 Jun 2018, 21:13

Actually I notice they do a dual output version for dual batteries. However if your batteries are left in parallel or have a vsr then a single output charger will cover it ( or moved it between batteries every now and then)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
mlines
Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

by betty boop » 09 Jun 2018, 17:55

mlines wrote:We have owned boats since 2009 and they are left outside for the winter. We use a C-Tek charger and have never had to replace a battery.

There is no specific charger for dual batteries, the rating of the C-Tek reflects how quickly it can charge. So if it is left on the batteries all the time then a low rating can be used. If you only want to pop it on a battery which has a low charge and you want to to it up fast then use a higher capacity charger

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

That answer 2 questions I had with batteries this week. Kia battery died overnight with no recharging having any affect so had to nick a boat battery out Very quickly at 8am thursday morning so Mrs BB could go to work and allow my car off the drive :evil: :lol:

With regard to winter - I did wonder weeks ago why do I remove the batteries every year? is it really necessary? After all the shed gets just as cold - OK swapping the charger over every 3 weeks /visit to the shed is easy but putting them back in is a pain every year.
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

Previous

Return to Electrics, Electronics & Hardware

User Menu