Propellers

Prop anti-fouling

by shibbs » 13 Jul 2016, 21:27

A question to all those who keep their boats in the water..

I did the leg with Trilux spray paint this year, admittedly, the boat has hardly moved so far which obviously wont help, but it is awful, the leg has about a foot of weed trailing! :x What do you use on your outdrives?
I'll need to get in and scrub it before going out next if i dont want to drain the fuel tank in 5 minutes!

Anyway,, back to the main point of the post.. What do you use on SS props?
I tried prop shield last year and it was useless! I haven't been able to bring myself to paint them yet, is this the only way ahead, if so, with what and with what preparation?

At present, i just remove it every now and again and give it a scrub up and polish but can be a bit of a pain, and it's only a matter of time before i drop it... :o

Any advice or wisdom welcome!

Return to Propellers