• Boat Banter

It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 15:36

Propellers

Engine height -Does this look about right?

by sprocker » 25 Apr 2016, 17:25

Hi All,

We managed to get out for a good blast on Sunday, and took the opportunity to take some photos of my engine height.

This is on the plane, trimmed out at around 18 knots, 4200RPM.

I would very much appreciate your thoughts on whether, based on the pics below, the aeration plate is at a good height, or is it a little deep and could maybe benefit from lifting the engine a notch?

Image
Image
User avatar
sprocker

Location: Plymouth, Devon

by shibbs » 25 Apr 2016, 18:59

I'd imagine Ed will be your man for this one.
Does it not say anything in any of the manuals?

by sprocker » 25 Apr 2016, 19:26

The manual is excellent as far as the engine itself, but nothing in there dealing with ideal setup.

I don't think it's far off, maybe raising one hole at the most.
User avatar
sprocker

Location: Plymouth, Devon

Return to Propellers