  • In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Propellers

It's broken :(

by Carl » 23 Jun 2015, 17:50

Vonny needs a new prop ... :( :( :(

Image

Image

anyone know where I can get one from please ....
Carl .. Bayliner 175gt "Annamarie"
Carl

Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 14:04
Location: Devon, UK

by Ianfs » 23 Jun 2015, 19:40

Ooops!! :shock:

Plenty of shops will sell you a new prop and this might be your excuse to get a Stainless. However if you want to save yourself a few bob and spend it on fuel so you can go boating instead, look here...............................

Steel Developments Propeller Repairs

Streamlined Propeller Repairs

by antlouhay » 23 Jun 2015, 19:46

A knock like that with a stainless prop would have been far more costly to your drive !
ayway there is a prop on ebay if i read your number right...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercury-MerCr ... 2a46a7a00b
antlouhay
Petty Officer
Petty Officer

Location: Oxfordshire,

by Carl » 23 Jun 2015, 21:14

Thanks guys ....

Was very lucky tbh .... it was a bit lively out there today .. and on our way back to port as we rode up one side of a big swell wave and came down onto rocks .... we were very very lucky!
Carl .. Bayliner 175gt "Annamarie"
Carl

Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 14:04
Location: Devon, UK

by betty boop » 24 Jun 2015, 08:13

that will polish out with a bit of effort :mrgreen:

with regard to stainless and damage if that was the case the inner plastic sleeve between shaft and prop is designed to shear and spin free, forgive the lack of names for the parts but Im reliably in formed from steel developments to prevent that risk to drives on impact* - instant stop etc. If you havent got this plastic insert then something is amiss :o and you are at risk.

* major impact i.e. rocks not legs and arms etc.
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by Carl » 25 Jun 2015, 19:23