• Boat Banter

It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 02:50

Boat Engines etc - Maintenance and Repair

Marine engineer

by shibbs » 20 Jun 2016, 21:06

Can anyone recommend a tried and tested mobile marine engineer that will travel to Hampshire?

by ChrisH » 20 Jun 2016, 21:09

Tompa marine based Kemps key
MarkT marine based Trafalgar Wharf

If it's outboard have another

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by shibbs » 20 Jun 2016, 21:28

Thank Chris,
I tried Tompa, but didn't have any luck with him getting back to me after the second email?
Will give MarkT a try.
Cheers.

by ChrisH » 20 Jun 2016, 21:32

I know he had a week off recently. He has been buried with work. Was chatting to him at the marina last weekend.
I also used Kings Marine at Trafalgar to trace and fix a fault on my bilge pump. They were very efficient . Used Mark last year for servicing as he was cheaper than Kings.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by ColinR » 21 Jun 2016, 07:29

I've been using Tom for years. He's not great at emails but if you persist he is very good.
User avatar
ColinR
All round Jolly Good Chap
All round Jolly Good Chap

Location: Hampshire, England

by antlouhay » 21 Jun 2016, 08:11

I can Highly recommend Jamie Fordham. based in Christchurch and for many years working for main dealer, now about to set up his own business called RPM marine services
exceptional marine engineer who has become a personal friend over the past 7 years
antlouhay
Petty Officer
Petty Officer

Location: Oxfordshire,

by Ianfs » 21 Jun 2016, 21:19

What's the problem Stu?

by shibbs » 21 Jun 2016, 22:52

Same! :roll:
Revving thing, still bothering me, going to bite the bullet and get a professional to give it a once over.
At least from there if he says there doesn't seem to be anything wrong then I might be able to get over it and ignore it. As it stands though it's always going to be there in the back of my mind. :evil:

by Ianfs » 22 Jun 2016, 06:32

Did you say you tried the smaller props?

by shibbs » 22 Jun 2016, 06:41

Yes, no real difference.

Return to Boat Engines etc - Maintenance and Repair