• Boat Banter

It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 04:47
  • In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Boat Engines etc - Maintenance and Repair

I have a misfire

by Ianfs » 25 Jun 2015, 14:24

but it could be just plugs, valves and generally the engine, needs a good run. I did manage to get a Power Valve Piston, which does increase fuel input under load but I've only run it so far on the muffs up to 3,000rpm. :geek:

Here are some pics of the plugs, not very good but may help.

DSC_0524AB.jpg
DSC_0524AB.jpg (144.11 KiB) Viewed 6542 times

DSC_0524ABC.jpg
DSC_0524ABC.jpg (140.94 KiB) Viewed 6542 times

The whiter bits on the ends of the electrodes could be just the carbon from the Winterising burning off but then it doesn't explain the misfire.

Ed?????

by Robbie66 » 31 Jul 2015, 22:18

HI Ian they look rather sooty.
running a bit rich I think and looks like second plug is a little moist indicating walve wear which could be your misfire Rob
Robbie66
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 19 Jul 2015, 13:06

by Ianfs » 01 Aug 2015, 09:12

Wow thanks Robbie.

I've got a new set of plugs so I'm going to see what the outcome is after a good run with those in.

by _Ed_ » 01 Aug 2015, 23:40

Very rich, that is running around 10:1 AFR. That has fouled the plugs and the spark will be tracking along the ceramic, and not across the plug electrodes.

One looks oily too. But I'd ignore that. That to me is a blocked air intake or choke that does not open fully. (assuming its carb)

Image

Should look like top left.
www.aboardmyboat.co.uk - boat projects and stuff!
_Ed_
Elite Engine tuner
Elite Engine tuner

Return to Boat Engines etc - Maintenance and Repair