It is currently 20 Feb 2020, 18:04

Boat Engines etc - Maintenance and Repair

Time for a new one

by shibbs » 13 Jan 2020, 21:14

As some of you will know, I’ve had a fair number of engine issues since I’ve had my boat, coming up on 6 years now for his one.
Some minor, some major requiring heads off etc.
Well, after the over heat last year enough was enough and it was decided that it was uneconomical to strip and re build again so Saturday just gone I towed it down to Southampton where it is having a brand new engine fitted, a new 5.7 vortex with new manifolds etc etc. All bellows are being done at the sane time as a service on the drive leg.
So all in all I hold good hopes for this upcoming season, and, it should go along way when I put her up for sale a bit later this year.

Anyone else having anything major done this winter?

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

by ChrisH » 15 Jan 2020, 19:20

That's a hell of an expense :-(
My engine is out. Having new sump. Could not believe how much they are. And new bearing in the back of the engine. Dont know what it is.called. where the prop shaft comes out. It has completely disintegrated. Boat was still running lol.
Bit of a cleanup and paint to tidy her up.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
User avatar
ChrisH

by shibbs » 15 Jan 2020, 21:20

Oh the joys of boats.
I intend to pop down while the engine is out and give the engine bay a clean up while it’s all accessible. To be honest it’s quite clean as it is but access around the steering hydraulics and ram is near impossible while the engine is in so will give that some attention. Will also secure the bilge pump down properly which sits under the engine which I’ve never managed to do properly.. :D

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

by shibbs » 02 Feb 2020, 15:44

From this..Image
To this
Image
To this
Image

Still need to tidy the wiring on that bilge pump though, it’s horrendous..
New lump should be in this week. Will post some more pictures when it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

by shibbs » 02 Feb 2020, 15:44

From this..Image
To this
Image
To this
Image

Still need to tidy the wiring on that bilge pump though, it’s horrendous..
New lump should be in this week. Will post some more pictures when it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

by ChrisH » 02 Feb 2020, 22:49

Nice and clean though
User avatar
ChrisH

Return to Boat Engines etc - Maintenance and Repair