  • In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Boat Engines etc - Maintenance and Repair

Shudder at displacement speeds

by betty boop » 12 Jul 2018, 12:30

Ianfs wrote:Thanks Martin much appreciated. I think I'll get the prop done anyway, it needs doing as I'm selling her and I'd hate to put her up for sale with a scruffy possibly unbalanced prop. Then if the shudder persists I'll change the U joints out. :)

Really? I'd like to buy a boat of someone like you Sir, I know I'll be shoot down in flames (or told to get my hat) but why bother? if your selling its buyer beware and to be fair there may not be an issue to spend money on. worst case for the cost of balancing the s/s/ prop + P&P its a few £ more to put on a new ali prop and sell the other or offer as an incentive.. and the buyer - well could be as stupid as me or not care too much about upkeep. unless ur selling to a friend of course. _ I'll go now :oops:
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by Ianfs » 12 Jul 2018, 16:59

Really? I'd like to buy a boat of someone like you Sir,

Well that's very kind of you Sir.

I know I'll be shoot down in flames (or told to get my hat) but why bother?

No no Ian, not at all. I know she's an older boat and certainly if I was going to ask a few hundred pounds I wouldn't bother. However a number of people have looked her over and have thrown a price at her and when you are talking in the thousands, spending a hundred pounds to make sure she runs well is piece of mind for me. It also means I can sell her knowing that if anything goes wrong its not a known fault, but however just a boat issue, with the old addage "Bring out another thousand" :lol:

by mlines » 13 Jul 2018, 07:45

I would get it on the market now, whilst the sun is shining. Buyers will disappear again once the rain returns. "Impulse" buy boats below £10k that can be taken away immediately and used are selling well but the market is already quietening down.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
User avatar
mlines

Location: Wokingham, Berkshire

by betty boop » 13 Jul 2018, 09:19

mlines wrote:I would get it on the market now, whilst the sun is shining. Buyers will disappear again once the rain returns. "Impulse" buy boats below £10k that can be taken away immediately and used are selling well but the market is already quietening down.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

list it on eBay - go on you know you want to - consider it a social experiment

I had at least 4 drive by wanna be boat owners when Betty was on the drive next to Equinox - 'go on mate I've got the cash at home', Invites for a jet ski swap I lost count of - and that was before I went on eBay. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Up here, people park up on the side of the road, usually grass verges and road junctions with signs on things for sale, usually cars of course or tractors. :roll: not something I've seen else where in the country, other than the usual for sale in the back of a dodgy BMW in south London. You could always try that, I'd love to see the results on what you would attract but I'm not sure Laura would be too happy with the kind of 'people' knocking at all hours on your front door. :lol: :lol: :lol:
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by mlines » 13 Jul 2018, 09:43

Sold our car roadside within 2 hours last month after it had been in Autotrader and various online providers for two weeks without a proper lead (just stupid statements such as "where in Yorkshire is it as I will come around tonight and buy it" - umm, its in Berkshire)

We live on a main road, cars were observed slowing down the moment it appeared, one guy stopped and wrote something on a piece of paper and appeared two hours later with his wife and bought it.
Regal 2250 - "Witch Way" - MMSI:235073628
My Regal 2250
User avatar
mlines

Location: Wokingham, Berkshire

by Ianfs » 13 Jul 2018, 12:03

I would get it on the market now, whilst the sun is shining. Buyers will disappear again once the rain returns. "Impulse" buy boats below £10k that can be taken away immediately and used are selling well but the market is already quietening down.

Good advice, thanks Martin.

You could always try that, I'd love to see the results on what you would attract but I'm not sure Laura would be too happy with the kind of 'people' knocking at all hours on your front door

Ha ha no youre right.

She's currently right next to the slipway at the marina so I figured it would be easier to leave her there in case we have to do a sea trial. :D

by betty boop » 13 Jul 2018, 14:07

talking of slipways, I may come down there and launch for the bank holiday and motor to Poole for a few days - would be an interesting trip if you are around your welcome to tag along.
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by Ianfs » 13 Jul 2018, 15:55

I assume you mean 25th to 27th Aug. :)

Should be a nice little run that, It'll take you past quite a few nice places, Lymington, Hurst Castle, Needles then across Christchurch Bay, passed Hengistbury Head, across Bournemouth bay and into Pool. If you use the Gravy train it'll save you a bit of fuel too, Ebb to Poole, Flood back. :D

by betty boop » 17 Jul 2018, 13:19

Ianfs wrote:I assume you mean 25th to 27th Aug. :)

Should be a nice little run that, It'll take you past quite a few nice places, Lymington, Hurst Castle, Needles then across Christchurch Bay, passed Hengistbury Head, across Bournemouth bay and into Pool. If you use the Gravy train it'll save you a bit of fuel too, Ebb to Poole, Flood back. :D

may train or bus back to collect the car depending on weather but sounds a good plan.
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

Previous

Return to Boat Engines etc - Maintenance and Repair