  • In total there are 8 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Boat Engines etc - Maintenance and Repair

warning buzzers

by betty boop » 19 Jun 2017, 10:46

Im looking for help on causes of 2 beeps every 60 seconds on the merc 4.3 mpi warning system - we had the boat on the river all weekend with no issues. had her running for 30 mins returning home and after a short stop at a lock the alarm started when we restarted. all gauges are reading OK lubes /oil too. literally just came on with no real changes in circumstances. the only thing I was thinking may have changed is the volts drop a bit when trim switch pressed with a dip in revs - I cant say it happened before but you never know.
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

by Ianfs » 19 Jun 2017, 19:56

Not sure if this is any help Ian, but repeated beeps are soft alarms. Continuous beep is a hard alarm.

You'll need to have a plug it in to be able to read the fault though, it could be a number of things.

by betty boop » 20 Jun 2017, 07:08

thanks Ian, Im guessing it wont be one of those cheap plug in ECU readers you get from Argos? :roll: with any luck it will go as quick as it came next time I start her up
betty boop
RNLI Hero
RNLI Hero

Return to Boat Engines etc - Maintenance and Repair