• Boat Banter

It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:20
  • In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Boat Engines etc - Maintenance and Repair

Mariner 5hp 4 stroke sailmate

by sylvo » 18 Jun 2020, 08:00

Hi Guys & Gals,

I have the above motor which is new (came with my maxi craft 13 footer) only done about an hour with it, so far very impressed. I am looking at getting a tiller extension arm so any recommendations would be good.

If anyone has any experience of this engine be grateful for any tips.

I cannot seem to work out the shallow drive position, any ideas?

It came with a tool kit including a flushing adapter but no manual (I got the boat/engine and brand new trailer at a bargain price in the winter the manual was misplaced), does anyone happen to know the male thread size that goes into the flushing adapter for connecting to a hose pipe?

I am obliged
sylvo
Able Rate
Able Rate

Joined: 12 Dec 2019, 13:12

by Doc Oakley » 16 Dec 2020, 06:51

I don't know about this particular engine but shallow water drive positions are usually halfway to tilt and the usual mechanism is a sprung bracket of sorts, with a sort of u-shaped longitudinal profile, which rests on the pin that sets the trim angle when the engine is fully down.

Have a look at page 54 here: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... k&gl=uk#64
Bonwitco 385/Evinrude E-Tec 25; Wetline 265/Honda 5
Doc Oakley
Able Rate
Able Rate

Location: North Worcestershire

Return to Boat Engines etc - Maintenance and Repair